Saturday, December 20, 2008

SEA 4 - Tour de Cap

SEA 4 -- Tour de Cap
The snow falls silently on the city streets. The over head lights give
the world it's orange hue as the sky is filled with flakes this
Saturday evening. My glide follows the lines of another Nordic
traveler as I make my way towards the Roanokee at the end of the
hill. After 5 km of skiing, a Jolly Rogers winter ale seems to
apatite the taste buds and set the tone for this little ski bar at the
north end of the hill.
Back on the streets, I pass through groves and trails that seem to
come out of a city that has been ordinary since I return. The cold
chill reaches deep into my chest and brings forward vitality of life.
I feel as though this recent storms that have painted the city white,
have repaid the peoples tempo as well. The city has hovered at being
shut down for days, but now the foot of fresh makes it the domain of
the skier and the shoer. And I work my 10 km Tour de Cap.
Tomorrow I had planned to head to the mountains. But Solstice will be spent skiing the hills of Seattle instead...

Along the waters of a Seattle Rain Retreat,
Ridgewalker
山武士
seattlerainretreat.blogspot.com

No comments: